Friday, May 23, 2008

Going Wheat Free!

I am taking the plunge, Starting on Sunday (and not tomorrow because I need to prepare for this, oh, and I am going to a Wedding/Potluck), I am going wheat-free for 21 days. I know this won't be an easy task, but I have great feelings that this will be very healing for my gut and total body. Wheat is not the great evil, that would be dairy, but it is sure close. I am excited to explore other grains with gusto! Label reading is a must! Did you know that even Emergen-C has wheat in it??? What's up with that?

I will log my journey as I go. Also, I am eventually going to go raw veggie this summer for a bit too. No, this has nothing to do with Oprah, although I missed that announcement because I wasn't watching that show (see, I miss some here and there!), this has been a long time coming for me. My vegan newsletter I get actually told me of Oprah doing this for 21 days, so I think it is awesome she is going to be totally candid about her journey. I talked to my chiropractor about my inflammation and muscles being so stiff and locked up for so many months now, and he recommended I follow my desire to go with it.

Will blog as I go!

No comments: